This cranberry cream cheese spread rocks my appetizer world. In fact, it has already been requested for Thursday in advance. This sweet dip has a nice kick to it and makes for an awesome Thanksgiving Game Day treat! Not to mention a pretty addition to your table.
This recipe is gluten free and can easily become low-fodmap.
- 1 package fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 c green onion, chopped (fodmap – use green part only)
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- (2) 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened (fodmap – use Green Valley Organics Lactose-Free)
- dash of salt
- your favorite crackers (fodmap – use Back to Nature Classic Round or rice crackers)
Chop cranberries in a food processor and add to a bowl.
Chop green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno and add to cranberries along with sugar, ginger, and lemon juice. Mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. When ready to serve, spread cream cheese onto a platter. Top with cranberry mixture and serve chilled with crackers!
One thought on “Cranberry Jalapeno Dip”