For some, Valentine’s Day is not always a happy one. The pressure to fit a year’s worth of romance and love into one day comes with its own set of expectations and disappointments.
If you’ve been jaded by relationships, you may feel broken-hearted, embittered or let down by love.
But at the risk of sounding cliche, there is someone who will always love you well.
Jesus loves you. Perfectly. Always. Forever. Regardless.
Maybe you’ve heard it so often that its meaning and impact has faded over time. Perhaps your own wounds, experiences or relationships have tainted your view of God and His love for you. If others have rejected, despised, blamed, ridiculed or abused you, you may fear Jesus will do the same.
But Jesus loves you differently. The way He treats you and interacts with you is not the same way others do. The character of God is the definition of true love. And because God is the author of love, He is the only one who can love us perfectly.
But what does that mean, really?
For those who repent, believe and confess Jesus as Lord of their life, this is how He loves us. We know because the Bible tells us so. Here are 60 tangible and practical ways Jesus loves you on a daily basis.
60 Ways Jesus Loves You
2. Jesus wants to spend time with you. Ps 27:8
4. Jesus is gentle in his handling of you. Ps 18:35
5. Jesus does not overwhelm or burden you. 1 John 5:3
7. Jesus is compassionate. Is 49:13
8. Jesus does not remind you of your past. Ps 103:12
9. Jesus does not bring up your mistakes. Is 43:18-19
10. Jesus is not harsh with you. Ps 145:8
12. Jesus responds to you with kindness. Ps 63:3
13. Jesus is humble and meek towards you. Matt 11:28
14. Jesus helps you. Heb 13:6
15. Jesus gives you rest and lifts your burdens. Matt 11:28-30
16. Jesus listens to you and hears you when you call. 1 John 5:14-15
17. Jesus provides for your every need. Phil 4:19
18. Jesus will always love you. Nothing can separate you from His love. Rom 8:38-39
19. Jesus is for you, not against you. Rom 8:31
20. Jesus is not careless with his words. Deut 7:9
21. Jesus will fulfill all of His promises to you. Isaiah 54:10
22. Jesus is never cruel. Jer 29:11
23. Jesus speaks the truth in love. Eph 4:15
25. Jesus will not reject you for being needy or weak. Isaiah 42:3
26. Jesus is not turned off by your anxiety. He cares for you and carries your burdens. 1 Peter 5:7
28. Jesus keeps account of your tears and your sorrows. Ps 56:8
29. Jesus will wipe every tear from your eye. Rev 21:4
30. Jesus quiets you with His love. Zeph 3:17
31. Jesus gives you peace. John 14:27
32. Jesus heals your brokenness. Ps 147:3
33. Jesus is near when you are broken-hearted and crushed in spirit. Ps 34:18
34. Jesus knows how to sustain you with a word. Is 50:4
36. Jesus is not like those in the world. James 4:4
38. Jesus does not shame you. Isaiah 54:4-5
41. Jesus gives you a new start every day. Lam 3:22-23
42. Jesus knows you fully and still accepts you. John 6:37
43. Jesus vindicates you. Ps 135:14
44. Jesus fights for you. Ex 14:14
45. Jesus intercedes for you. 1 Tim 2:5
46. Jesus will never reject you. Ps 94:14
49. Jesus has a good plan for your life. Rom 8:28
50. Jesus has created and called you for a specific purpose. Eph 2:10
52. Jesus makes you a new person. 2 Cor 5:17
58. Jesus sacrificed Himself for you. Rom 5:1-11
59. Jesus is an intimate friend. John 15:13-15
Need more? Here are 67 reminders when you feel like God doesn’t care.
God is our True Love, the One we are really searching for. His love is perfect, faithful, and forever. God loved us by sacrificing His own life in order to save us from our own sin and self-destruction. He generously gave what was costly – Jesus – to us who didn’t deserve or earn it. And He continues to freely pour out His love for anyone who will accept it and put their trust and hope in Him (Rom 10:9-11, Eph 2:8).
Jesus will never reject, disappoint, or abandon you. He waits, arms open wide. May you look to Him, the Author of redeeming and unconditional love, to satisfy your soul.